Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'm Still Here!!

I'm just not.. here.

Nothing particularly interesting happening right now so I haven't really had anything to say.

The most exciting thing that's occurred in the last week would have to be the 4:00am fire alarm this morning.
Lordy! Nothing like a high-pitched squeal to wake you up at 4:00am. And nothing like the Vancouver rain to make the whole evacuate-your-apartment-in-your-pajamas-at-4:00am thing that much more enjoyable.
I guess I can't really complain though, it could have been worse: I could have been one of the poor fire-fighters who had to put on their heavy gear (helmets and all) to rush over to an apartment building that was not on fire.
I could also have been one of the people who had to round up their 2 kids, dog, and cat and haul them out in the rain at 4:00am.
Did I mention that this all happened at 4:00am?
OH! Did I mention the girl that perfectly co-ordinated her entire evacuate-your-apartment-that-might-be-on-fire-at-4:00am outfit?!?! She clearly attempted to make it look like she just threw on the first thing she found; but, she failed! BIG TIME. The jeans.. I could buy, the baseball cap that matched her hoodie sweater that was perfectly matched the colours in her t-shirt.. that I cannot buy. Also, the fact that she looked like she had just applied a fresh layer of lipgloss, kinda gave her away.

So, I've been awake since 4:00am (it's hard to fall asleep after all that excitement and, by 5:30am I decided that to fall asleep would make it impossible to get up at my usual 6:30am, so I just stayed awake) so I will now be crawling in to bed to watch Glee and go straight to sleep.

Yeah, I casually worked it in there: I'm a Glee watcher. Don't judge me!! It's not like I did my make-up and changed 3 times before evacuating my apartment at 4:00am


No comments:

Post a Comment